Cabo Sails Whale Watching Cruise
Cabo San Lucas is the end destination for hundreds of whales in the winter season after they make a three thousand mile migration from icy northern waters. Among the species of whales that make this journey are Blue whales, Fin whales, Humpback whales, Pilot whales, and Gray whales. The whale you will see most commonly in Cabo San Lucas is the impressive Gray whale, although Humpback whales are frequently seen as well. From January to March whale watching is the most popular choice of activity in Cabo San Lucas.
While nature shows on television may give you a glimpse into the beauty of these whales, seeing them live and up close is truly a unique, mind-blowing experience. The whales will be carrying out their daily activities such as feeding, breaching, and socializing right before your eyes! The winter season is the only time of year you can see the whale in Cabo San Lucas. Your tour guide will be able to find them easily, and the whales will often hang around the boats for a while and put on quite a show. The excursion will last for three hours, and we have trips departing several times a day. These tours include a Mexican combo or a baguette sandwich for refreshment. We offer a two and a half hour sunset whale watching tour that also serves a tasty meat and cheese buffet. Whichever tour you choose will also come with a fully-stocked open bar. The boats are small and there are a low number of passengers, so this intimate cruise is comfortable for everyone on board.
- Observation of the gray whales in person
- Small sailboats keep number of people on board low
- Knowledgeable bilingual crew on board
- Tasty appetizers and open bar included
- Excellent sightseeing opportunities including the Arch and the Sea Lion Colony
- 10:00 AM
- 4:30 PM
- Daily (Dec - Apr)
- 3 Hours
- Cabo San Lucas Marina
- No transporation provided
- All guest must check-in at the Cabo San Lucas Marina
- Dock A by the Marina Fiesta Hotel in the North East part of the Marina
- Snorkeling and flotation gear.
- Wet suits are recommended in winter months and are available for rent. See details on special requests page.
- Private sailboat for 3 hours with English & Spanish speaking crew.
- Open bar including Pacifico, Corona, margaritas, rum, Absolut Vodka, tequila, fine wines, sodas, juices and bottled water.
- Delicious Appetizers (Mexican combo or baguette sandwiches. All appetizers are accompanied with a fresh vegetable platter. Please visit our menu page for additional details.
- Snorkeling at Pelican's Rock.
- Sightseeing along Los Cabo’s famous natural landmark, El Arch (Land’s End Arch), Lovers Beach, Sea Lion Colony and the magnificent Finisterra Rocky Point of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortes.
- No restrictions at this time
- To make your excursion a more comfortable and pleasurable experience we recommend you bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Tourist card or proof of identification
- Money (small denominations) Local travel guide